Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave #2) by Rick Yancey: Review



RATING: 5/5 stars!
 
Author: Rick Yancey
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Source: Bought
Release date: September 16, 2014
Find it on Goodreads here!
 
SUMMARY (From Goodreads):
 
How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.

Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in a new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others’ ultimate goal: the extermination of the human race.

Cassie and her friends haven’t seen the depths to which the Others will sink, nor have the Others seen the heights to which humanity will rise, in the ultimate battle between life and death, hope and despair, love and hate.
 
REVIEW:
 
When the reviews for this book started coming in, I was getting really nervous. A lot of them were not positive, and I started to get really worried that this book was going to be terrible.
 
Once it finally came in the mail, I was even more disappointed; the book was so short!! Only 300 pages!! So I started worrying again. I absolutely LOVED the first book (My review), and I so wanted this one to be just as amazing.
 
I should not have worried, because ohmysweetgoodness I loved this book. It was SO PERFECT!! I absolutely love Ringer, Cassie is as great as she has always been, and Evan is as gorgeous an alien as he has always been. The plot just keeps getting thicker, and there were some definite twists that Idid not see coming.
 
I also really liked how each part of the book is from a different characters point of view, but Rick never really tells you who it is. You have to read it and make deductions for yourself, and I thought it was so cool!
 
Overall, this book was a fantastic addition to THE 5TH WAVE series! I cannot wait for the third book!!
 
CONTENT: Kissing, one sex scene, but it's mostly implied; swearing is heavy, with plenty of f-words dropped; and violence is about the same as the first book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment