Friday, January 2, 2015

Undivided (Unwind #4) by Neal Shusterman: Review


RATING: 5/5 stars!
 
Author: Neal Shusterman
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Source: Bought
Release date: October 14, 2014
Find it on Goodreads here!
 
SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
 
SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE PREVIOUS BOOKS. HIGHLIGHT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
 
Teens control the fate of America in the fourth and final book in the New York Times bestselling Unwind dystology by Neal Shusterman.

Proactive Citizenry, the company that created Cam from the parts of unwound teens, has a plan: to mass produce rewound teens like Cam for military purposes. And below the surface of that horror lies another shocking level of intrigue: Proactive Citizenry has been suppressing technology that could make unwinding completely unnecessary. As Conner, Risa, and Lev uncover these startling secrets, enraged teens begin to march on Washington to demand justice and a better future.

But more trouble is brewing. Starkey’s group of storked teens is growing more powerful and militant with each new recruit. And if they have their way, they’ll burn the harvest camps to the ground and put every adult in them before a firing squad—which could destroy any chance America has for a peaceful future.
  


REVIEW:

Because this is a last book in a series, I will keep my review brief.

This book is my absolute favorite book of 2014, and possibly one of my favorite books of all time.

It made me laugh, it made me smile, and it made me cry. It was beautifully written, and handled the subject matter beautifully. It was absolutely fantastic! One of the best series endings I have ever read.

All I can say is, if you have not read this series, I highly suggest you do so immediately.

CONTENT: Kissing, one sex scene, but it is only implied. Hardy any swearing, but there is a lot of dark subject matter dealing with unwinding, and some of it is very disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment