Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Sun is Also s Star by Nicola Yoon: Review


RATING: 4/5 stars!

Author: Nicola Yoon
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Source: ARC from publisher
Publication date: November 1, 2016
Find it on goodreads here!

SUMMARY (from goodreads)

Natasha: I’m a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I’m definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. Not when my family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica. Falling in love with him won’t be my story.

Daniel: I’ve always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents’ high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. Something about Natasha makes me think that fate has something much more extraordinary in store—for both of us.


The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true?

REVIEW:

THE SUN IS ALSO A STAR was such an interesting read. For one, the cover is totally beautiful. But the story inside was good enough to live up to the amazing cover. 

This story was so beautifully written, and even though there were two points of views, you could tell which character was who without having to constantly flip back to the beginning of the chapter. Daniel, the male lead, is a poet, and you could definitely tell when you were reading from his point of view. There were many passages that were so lyrical, and you couldn't help but be sucked in. Natasha, on the other hand, was so sassy and so blunt. Definitely a great female lead. 

The only criticism I had of the book was the way it ended. I do not want to give anything away, but it did not seem to make much sense to me. I could not wrap my head around why the things played out the way they did, and I was rather confused for most of it. 

Overall, THE SUN IS ALSO A STAR is a great read. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment