Friday, June 13, 2014

Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures #1) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl: Review




RATING: 5/5

Authors: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Release date: May 6. 2014
Find it on Goodreads here!


SUMMARY(from Goodreads):

A new series returns to the world of Beautiful Creatures. Some loves are cursed...others are dangerous.

Ridley Duchannes will be the first to tell you that she's a bad girl. She's Dark. She's a Siren. You can never trust her, or even yourself when she's around. Lucky for her, Wesley "Link" Lincoln can never seem to remember that; quarter Incubus or not, his heart is Mortal when it comes to Ridley. When Link heads to New York City to start a music career, Ridley goes along for the ride-and she has her own reasons. As if leaving small-town Gatlin for the big city, trying to form a band, and surviving life with a partially reformed Siren isn't hard enough already, Link soon learns he has a price on his head that no Caster or Mortal can ever pay.

Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, the #1 New York Times bestselling coauthors of Beautiful Creatures, are back and casting another magical spell. Their signature mixture of mystery, suspense, and romance, along with a dash of fun and danger, will pull fans in and leave them begging for more.


REVIEW:

I love the Beautiful Creatures series, and while I was a little disappointed in the ending, I still could not wait for DANGEROUS CREATURES. Link and Ridley were my two favorite characters, and this book did not disappoint in the slightest.

What can I say? Payback's a bitch.
But here's the thing:
So am I.


From the prologue, I fell in love with Ridley all over again. She is fantastic. I loved reading from her point of view. It was so cool to actually know what she is feeling for once, and not just be on the receiving end.

I loved Link and his goof-ball-ness even more in this one. He and Ridley are one of the most dysfunctional couples in YA literature, but it just makes me love them even more. (Unless they're fighting. Then I'm not very happy with them. :))

Then the ending came.

IT MADE ME SO MAD!!! GAHH! everything WAS GOING GOOD AND THEN THAT HAPPENS?!?!?!

Overall, DANGEROUS CREATURES was a fantastic novel. I highly recommend it to fans of the BEAUTIFUL CREATURES series!!

CONTENT: Kissing, no sex, mild swearing, and moderate violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment