Tuesday, July 23, 2013

In Time (The Darkest Minds #1.5) by Alexandra Bracen: Review


RATING: 5/5


SUMMARY:

Gabe’s life has been devastated in the wake of the economic crash. The only option left for someone like him to escape his tragic past is to leave his small town behind and to attempt to become a skip tracer. This already almost impossible task is made all the more difficult by his first score, a young girl who won’t speak, but who changes his life in ways he could never imagine.

REVIEW:



OH MY SWEET GOODNESS.



ALEXANDRA BRACKEN, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?



So let me start off by saying that this novella is 90 pages, including the preview of NEVER FADE. Those 90 pages happen to be the most stressful and emotional 90 pages I have ever read.

The main character in this novella isn't even in THE DARKEST MINDS. Which disappointed me at first, because I was really hoping for a Liam story. But the protagonist is a new character named Gabriel, who wants to become a skip tracer. And after reading the first few pages...

I HATED HIM!

He is awful. He calls the kids freaks, and has no respect for them, AND I JUST HATED HIM! HE IS SUCH A JERK!

Then a certain character shows up, and I about cry. I won't tell you who though. You'll have to figure that out for yourself.

And the rest of the novella, I was right on the edge of tears the whole time. So good, but so many emotions!

Then the ending came.



I cried so hard! In just, like, 70 pages I had gotten so attached to the characters and the story, and the ending made me bawl.

I thought it couldn't get any worse. So, I read the preview of NEVER FADE, and by the end, it happened again. Alexandra threw me for a loop, and it hit me so hard!



I can't I just can't.

I NEED NEVER FADE SO BAD!!!

In short, one of the best and most emotional 90 pages I have ever read.

Ever.

Thank you, Miss Bracken, for writing such an amazing novella to tide me over until NEVER FADE comes out. I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment