Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Top Ten Best/Worst Book to Movie Adaptations


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 
This week I'm talking about my five best and five worst book to movie adaptations!
 
BEST

1. The Hunger Games

The cast was great, and even though some things were left out, I still thought they did a great job with this movie.
 
2. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
 

It's Lord of the Rings. Need I say more?
 
3. Warm Bodies
 

This captured all of the humor from the book to the movie. So good!
 
4. Harry Potter series
 


This is great because....
IT'S HARRY FREAKIN' POTTER!
 
5. The Hobbit
 

SO GOOD. Almost as good as the Lord of the Rings.
 
WORST
 
 
1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS WRONG WITH THIS MOVIE THAT I CAN'T GO INTO IT!
 
2. Beautiful Creatures 
 

They changed everything that was good about the book. So disappointing.
 
3. The Host
 

 
The way they did Melanie's voice was weird, the Seeker was portrayed wrong, and they definitely could've done a lot of things better.
 
4. I am Number Four
 

Again, they left so much out and changed so much. Plus, I hated who was cast as Sarah.
 
5. Series of Unfortunate Events
 

I'm not even going to go into this one. It was just bad. 






 




3 comments:

  1. I agree with Beautiful Creatures being on the worst list. I loved the I am number four movie, but I haven't read any of the books yet so I can't say if it was a good adaptation. Here's my TTT http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-6-bestworst-movie.html

    I followed you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the Warm Bodies movie was fun, but I haven't read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you about the Harry Potter series. I also meant to put The Hunger Games on my list. A shame to read The Host wasn't right for you!

    ReplyDelete