Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Top Ten Authors who Deserve More Recognition

 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 
This week I'm talking about the top ten authors who deserve more recognition!
 
1. Patrick Carman: Every book of his that I have read, I have absolutely loved. Especially Thirteen Days to Midnight, and his Atherton trilogy.
 
2. Josephine Angelini: Her Starcrossed trilogy is AMAZING. It definitely deserves more attention!
 
3. Cinda Williams Chima: I read her Heir Chronicles when The Dragon Heir first came out, and I absolutely loved it! Her Seven Realms series is even better. Definitely a must-read for fantasy lovers!

4. Veronica Rossi: Under the Never Sky was one of my favorite books of 2011, and the sequel Through the Ever Night did not disappoint. They are so unique! Definitely a must-read for dystopian fans.

5. Alexandra Bracken: The Darkest Minds is one of my favorite books EVER. Her debut novel Brightly Woven is great too. Put these on your Need to Read List now.

6. Rae Carson: Her Fire and Thorns trilogy is perfect. I love it!

7. Elizabeth Norris: I read Unraveling after I won the sequel, Unbreakable, and I absolutely LOVED it! So unique and fast-paced.

8. Neal Shusterman: I don't even need to explain. Unwind is one of the best books I have ever read.

9. Moira Young: Her debut novel, Blood Red Road, is FANTASTIC! An absolute must-read.

10. Jodi Meadows: Her Incarnate trilogy is so unique! Dystopian with dragons. Where can you go wrong with that?
 

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Ooh almost all of these authors are new to me - I love new discoveries! I've read the 1st book in the Fire and Thorns series by Rae Carson, and as you said - brilliant! I need to catch up with the rest of the books.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree on some of those and some of those sound interesting! I've heard of Veronica Rossi but never ended up actually convincing myself to read her books. Maybe I'll give her a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading Under the never Sky right now and Blood Red Road is on my summer TBR list. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rae Carson for sure! I think she's gaining momentum though thankfully! :) Great list, lot of fantasy authors (one of my fave genres). I'm following on GFC now.

    My TTT:
    http://diamondinroughcoal.blogspot.com/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete