Monday, August 4, 2014

Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2) by Maggie Stiefvater: Review


RATING: 5/5 stars!
 

Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scolastic Press
Release date: July 13, 2010
Find it on Goodreads here!
 
SUMMARY (from Goodreads):
 
The astonishing #1 New York Times bestseller.

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.
 
REVIEW:
 
So, when I read SHIVER (my review), I wasn't crazy about it. The romance between Sam and Grace just wasn't that captivating, and I found it kind of boring. Nevertheless, I was hesitant to pick up LINGER. But I am SO glad I did.
 
LINGER was everything that SHIVER wasn't. And that was partly due to the introduction of Cole's and Isabel's POVs. Isabel was one of my favorite characters in the first book, and I loved hearing her thoughts on everything. Cole St. Clair is simply one of the greatest male characters of all time. His confidence and charm made him so lovable, even though he was a previous drug addict.
 
I loved Isabel's and Cole's romance even more than Sam's and Grace's. While Sam and Grace kind of annoyed me, Isabel and Cole had me captivated. I love them so much.
 
Also, I was so happy Stiefvater decided to go deeper into the werewolf mythology. I loved it in the first book, and it was so cool to learn more about it.
 
Overall, LINGER is a fantastic book. I can now safely say that I am addicted to this series.
 
CONTENT: Kissing, mild swearing, and some gory violence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment