Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (12): Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.
 
This week's "waiting on" is...
 
Heir of Fire
by Sarah J. Maas!
 

Publication date: September 2, 2014
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA

SUMMARY (from Goodreads):

Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy.

While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?


That cliffhanger at the end of CROWN OF MIDNIGHT was not kind. I loved the last two books (my review), and I cannot wait for this one.
SO CLOSE! LESS THAN A MONTH!!
 
What is your "waiting on"?


6 comments:

  1. I agree, that cliffhanger on Crown of Midnight was the WORST and from what i've heard this one has a crazy cliff hanger too. Great pick!

    Here's our WoW

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! No more cliffhangers!! I can't take it!!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Lots of people waiting on this. I'd kind of hoped to get a copy at BEA, just to give away on my blog, but I had other books that I was reading that came first.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, I wish I could've gone to BEA. That would have been so cool!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Agreed! The first two books are so fantastic, and I feel like each one is just better and better! I just finished a galley copy of this and I still have tingles! I will be reviewing it soon, but I hope you love it too!!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lucky you got a galley!! I can't wait!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete