Friday, August 22, 2014

Mid-year Book Freakout!!


Welcome to my Mid-year Book Freakout survey!! This is hosted by Chami and Ely at A Book So Fathomless, and I really liked it, so I'm going to do it!
 
 
Without further ado...
 
1. Best book you've read so far in 2014:
It's definitely a tie between RUIN AND RISING by Leigh Bardugo and WE WERE LIARS by E. Lockhart.
 
2. Best Sequel you've read so far in 2014:
RUIN AND RISING OMG THE FEELS!!
 
3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to:
BETWEEN THE SPARK AND THE BURN by April Genevieve Tucholke. BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA was fantastic, and I can't wait to read the next one!
 
4. Most anticipated release for the second part of the year:
IN THE AFTERLIGHT by Alexandra Bracken. I NEED TO KNOW HOW THIS ENDS. RIAM IS LIFE.
 
5. Biggest disappointment:
IF I STAY by Gayle Forman. I was expecting to love it, but I hated it. WHERE SHE WENT was much better, though.
 
6. Biggest Surprise:
WE WERE LIARS by E. Lockhart. I was not expecting to like this book at all, and it is definitely one of my favorite books EVER now.
 
7. Favorite new author (debut or new to you)
Melissa Landers with ALIENATED. I ADORED that book!
 
8. Newest fictional crush:
Ry from THE CHAOS OF STARS by Kiersten White. An attractive, Greek poet. *swoon*
 
9. Newest favorite character:
Tristan from THE VICIOUS DEEP. He's so sassy.
 
10. Book that made you cry:
. Hands down, RUIN AND RISING. SO MANY FEELINGS!
 
11. Book that made you happy:
CRESS by Marissa Meyer. They were happy tears.
 
12. Favorite book to film adaptation you saw this year:
CATCHING FIRE, of course!
 
13. Favorite review you've written this year:
I'm pretty proud of my ALIENATED review.
 
14. Most beautiful book you've bought/received this year:
Again, RUIN AND RISING. It's so pretty! The colors! The phoenix! The fire!
 
15. What book do you need to read by the end of the year:
THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER. I've sat on this one way too long.
 
What was on your list?


No comments:

Post a Comment